Best Credit Repair Companies
You probably already know that a credit score under 600 makes it difficult to qualify for loans or find affordable interest rates. If your credit score isn’t where you want it to be and you don’t have the time or resources to fix it yourself, you can hire a professional to dispute creditors on your behalf. Read our guide to find the best credit repair agency for you.
- Our recommendations are based on what reviewers say.
- 3,713,776 reviews on Reviewconsumerservices are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
What are the best credit repair companies?
Below, we compare services, fees and customer experiences from five of the top-rated credit repair companies. You can read verified reviews to learn more about typical customer experiences with each company.
The Reviewconsumerservices research team vetted 15 credit repair companies rated by more than 2,465 customers. To narrow it down, we considered only companies that dispute claims from all three credit reporting bureaus. We also excluded agencies that don’t offer a free consultation for new clients.
We then used a proprietary algorithm that takes into account the recency and length of reviews, among other information, to rank the top credit repair companies this year. To narrow it down again, we excluded companies with an overall satisfaction rating below 3.5.
Our research team also analyzed 5-star review data from the top-rated companies to find the best qualities of each.
All prices are correct as of the time of publishing.
- First work fee varies
- Fixed monthly fees
- Tiered packages
- 90-day money-back guarantee
As of publishing, Credit Saint has an overall satisfaction rating of 3.9 on our site based on 54 customer experiences submitted over the last year.
What to consider: Credit Saint offers three credit repair packages that range from medium to extremely high aggressiveness. First work fees range from $99 to $195, depending on the package you choose. Monthly fees start at $79.99 and go up to $119.99, and pricing varies depending on what services you need. Credit Saint lets you add a family member that lives in your household to your plan and pay just one first work fee.
How it works: During the consultation, a representative helps you understand how you’ll be charged for services. Packages can include unlimited challenges to the credit reporting bureau, cease and desist letters, score tracking, Experian monitoring and other services. In addition to monitoring a client’s credit and disputing claims, Credit Saint educates clients on achieving credit improvements and maintaining positive scores.
What we like: Positive Credit Saint reviews from the last year often describe the company’s agents as friendly and responsive. In addition to quality customer service, previous clients who would recommend Credit Saint to a friend also highlight that their credit scores improved with the company’s help.
- $79 first work fee
- Fixed monthly fee
- Discount for couples
- 90-day money-back guarantee
As of publishing, Sky Blue Credit is the top-rated credit repair company on our site. The company has an overall satisfaction rating of 4.7, based on 110 customer experiences submitted over the last year.
What to consider: The company charges a $79 setup fee and $79 per month for services. Couples who sign up together can also take advantage of a half-price discount for one member.
How it works: After your initial consultation, Sky Blue specialists typically turn out five disputes or more per cycle on your behalf (each cycle is 35 days). The company’s credit restoration services include professional analysis, score assistance and custom disputes for derogatory marks. If you're unsatisfied with the service or the results, you can receive a full refund during the first 90 days of membership.
What we like: Customers who would recommend Sky Blue to a friend like that the company’s credit repair experts are helpful, knowledgeable and available over the phone and through email.
- $19 first work fee
- Monthly and flat-rate fees
- Unlimited disputes
- Satisfaction guarantee
As of publishing, The Credit People is one of the top-rated credit repair companies on our site. It has an overall satisfaction rating of 4.6 based on 10 customer ratings submitted over the last year.
What to consider: You can select from monthly or flat-rate membership fees. To pay monthly, there’s a $19 first work fee and a recurring $79 fee per month. The flat-rate option costs $419 for six months of service. You can cancel any time if you have a monthly membership.
How it works: The Credit People advertises that you can expect to see results in 60 days. With the monthly membership, you can cancel at any point without being charged for the current month if you aren't satisfied with the service. The sixth-month membership comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
What we like: The Credit People is our pick for flexible payments because setup is relatively inexpensive and it offers two plan options. In the last year, positive reviews describe an easy process from start to finish. Previous clients seem to appreciate the company’s quick response times and competitive pricing.
- $19 to $149 first work fee
- Monthly fees vary
- Unlimited cease and desist letters
- Client support guarantee
As of publishing, The Credit Pros has an overall satisfaction rating of 4.2, based on 37 customer ratings submitted over the last year.
What to consider: The company offers four plans that cost between $19 and $149 to set up. On the low end, the CreditSentry Monitoring plan ($19 to set up and $19 per month) includes IDCover monitoring but not credit restoration services. The top-tier Success Package ($149 to set up and $149 per month) comes with monitoring plus credit restoration services, such as debt validation letters, access to the TCP legal network and National Credit Direct.
How it works: During the consultation, you work with a certified FICO professional to understand your credit reports and come up with a plan of action, including debt validation letters and identity theft restoration disputes. Once you're in the system, you can track your progress through an online portal.
What we like: The Credit Pros makes it easy to schedule your initial consultation online. Happy customers who left reviews for The Credit Pros typically mention professional services and quick results. We also like that its plans come with credit monitoring at no additional charge.
- $89 first work fee
- $79 to $109 per month
- Personalized dispute options
- No-risk refund policy
As of publishing, Ovation has an overall satisfaction rating of 4.3 based on 331 customer ratings submitted over the last year.
What to consider: Ovation offers two credit repair plans: Essentials and Essentials Plus. Both plans require an $89 first work fee. At $79 per month, the Essentials plan is appropriate for most standard credit resolution issues. The Essentials Plus plan is a little pricier at $109 per month, but it’s designed to remove more complicated negative items more quickly. Essentials Plus includes unlimited challenge validation letters, credit goodwill letters and credit monitoring.
How it works: During the free consultation, a professional credit analyst reviews your reports and financial background information. Once you sign up, your advisor comes up with a strategy for disputing the discrepancies on your report. Like our other top picks, clients can track their progress 24/7 through an online portal.
What we like: Ovation offers same-day service, one-on-one customer support and personalized dispute options. Positive customer feedback mentions that the company’s representatives are nice, helpful and easy to work with. We also like that the company offers discounts to seniors and members of the military.
Compare Top Credit Repair Reviews
Charges initial work fee from $99 to $195. Monthly fees range from $79.99 to $119.99. Provides a 90-day money-back guarantee. Refunds limited to payments made for 90 days of service only. Available nationwide.
|Call Now Toll Free (478) 845-6310|
Charges $79 setup fee. Monthly fees start at $79. Typical customers see credit score improvement results within 30 days. Offers 90-day money-back guarantee. No cancellation charges. Available nationwide.
|Call Now Toll Free (888) 751-6072|
Provides credit report analysis, credit dispute resolution and ongoing credit monitoring. Creates a customized plan to repair your credit. Pricing and duration of services vary. Offers free initial consultations.
|Call Now Toll Free (561) 476-0071|
Setup fees range from $19 to $149. Monthly fees from $19 to $119. No money-back guarantee. Cancel credit repair services any time. Available nationwide.
|Call Now Toll Free (844) 441-1397|
Offers repair services for bad credit. $79 per month. Could positively affect your credit score within 60 days. Employs certified representatives. Credit solutions available on the company’s website.
Provides free consultation and credit reports. Monthly fees range from $99.85 to $139.95. Customers see results within six months. No money-back guarantee. Cancel services anytime. Not available in Oregon or North Carolina.
Charges $89 setup fee. Monthly fees from $79 to $109. Averages 19 points improvement per customer. Does not guarantee specific results. Cancel contract within five days of signing. Not be available in all states.
Charges one-time $14.99 fee to pull credit reports. Monthly fee is $99.95. Average credit score improvement results within six months. No money-back guarantee. Cancel account anytime. Available nationwide.
Offers credit repair services for customers in several states. Month to month contracts start at $49/month and give customers a way to remove negative items from their credit report. Improvement takes around six months.
Charges $99 initial fee. Monthly fees are $99 for individuals or $198 for couples. Average customers see credit score improvements within the first 45 days. Provides 90-day money-back guarantee. No contract commitment required.
|Read Author Review||
Charges $179 per individual and $279 per couple for the initial payment. Bills customers $50 per confirmed deletion and $75 per public record correction. Provides 100% money-back guarantee.
Chat with a Reviewconsumerservices decision guideLive agent
|Read Author Review||
Charges $30 setup fee. Individual monthly fees start at $98 with couple discounts available. Averages a 76% deletion rate. Guarantees minimum 50-point credit score increase.
Chat with a Reviewconsumerservices decision guideLive agent
|Read Author Review||
Charges $89 setup fee and then $89 a month. Average customers see results in 30 to 45 days. Cancel account anytime. Only available in Texas.
Chat with a Reviewconsumerservices decision guideLive agent
|Read Author Review||
Does not provide transparent pricing. Offers credit score tools to help with restoration. Experienced with bankruptcies, slow payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, tax liens and collection accounts. Only available in Texas.
Chat with a Reviewconsumerservices decision guideLive agent
|Read Author Review||
Provides financial software and a mobile app that lets customers track and dispute credit. Includes a 12-episode course on credit and personal finance with premium subscription. Costs $129 a month for six months, then $59 a month.
Chat with a Reviewconsumerservices decision guideLive agent
|Read Author Review||
Provides free consultations. Customers typically see results within 180 days. Guarantees results with full refund policy. Only available in Texas.
Chat with a Reviewconsumerservices decision guideLive agent
What is credit repair?
Credit repair is the process of disputing negative marks or inaccurate information on credit reports to get them removed. Sometimes called credit restoration, it involves challenging negative claims on your credit reports with the credit reporting bureaus (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax).
For many people, credit repair is essential to access financial services such as loans and credit cards. With an improved score, you can raise your credit limit and qualify for better interest rates. The most common derogatory marks targeted during credit repair include:
- Fraudulent accounts
- Delinquent accounts
- Accounts in collections
- Missing accounts
- Data management errors
- Incorrect personal information
- Expired debts
- Unverified or invalidated debts
- Late payments
- Hard inquiries
Doing credit repair yourself is a lot of legwork, especially if you’re struggling with identity theft or have multiple marks against your credit score. We suggest hiring a credit repair company if you have multiple and varied disputes.
Often, hiring an expert to dispute all your credit report errors is quicker and more convenient than doing it yourself. Credit restoration specialists have the experience and expertise to navigate some of the most complicated credit situations.
How does credit repair work?
To get inaccurate marks off your credit history, you must request that the credit bureaus validate the information you believe is inaccurate. If a disputed item can’t be validated, then the credit reporting bureau must remove it from your credit history. Over time, removing negative items improves your overall credit rating. Removing just a single negative item on your credit report can increase your credit score by more than 100 points.
It takes anywhere from
30 days to 1 year
to repair credit.
Credit repair companies begin by pulling your credit reports from all three credit reporting bureaus. A credit repair specialist then analyzes your credit reports for possible errors or mistakes. Common errors that a credit repair company looks for include incorrect queries and duplicate, inaccurate or missing accounts. If the company's credit repair specialists identify errors on your credit reports, they dispute those errors on your behalf.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), credit bureaus have 30 to 45 days to investigate a disputed claim. If they can’t verify it within that time, they must remove the entry. For example, if you file a dispute with a credit bureau over a late payment and your creditor can’t verify the information, the bureau must remove that late payment from your credit report. For payments less than 90 days late, you can request a goodwill adjustment from your creditor and set up payments to prevent further damage to your credit history.
Credit bureaus must send a notice of any corrections made to your report. Sometimes, a deleted dispute can reappear on your credit reports if the lender proves its claim is valid. If you find a derogatory mark reinserted on your credit reports, you can dispute it again. If you believe a credit reporting agency or one of your creditors has violated the FCRA, you should submit a consumer report to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Credit repair strategies also include sending cease-and-desist letters to debt collectors. Negative items that can be removed by credit repair companies include late payments, collections, credit report errors and charge-offs.
|Invalid credit report item||Damage to credit score|
|Hard inquiry||Up to 15 points|
|Account in collections||Up to 110 points|
|Debt settlement||Up to 125 points|
|Late payments||Up to 150 points|
|Foreclosure||Up to 160 points|
|Bankruptcy||Up to 240 points|
Credit restoration services
If you have concerns about your report, the right credit repair company can dispute significant errors on your behalf. Credit repair companies work with teams of licensed attorneys and financial experts who understand the nuances of credit law. A credit repair company handles everything from drafting letters to managing correspondence with credit reporting agencies, creditors and debt collectors. However, you will need to supply documentation to support disputes.
The best credit repair companies also help you understand what causes your credit score to be low. In addition to credit report disputes, some of the top credit repair agencies offer debt negotiation and credit monitoring services. Some also offer credit counseling and debt management to help clients improve and maintain their credit standing. Credit restoration services can be most beneficial when they help individuals:
- Understand their credit scores
- Analyze and evaluate their credit reports
- Identify strategies to improve their credit profile
- Challenge credit bureaus to remove negative claims
- Report inaccuracies directly to creditors
- Reduce or eliminate calls from debt collectors
- Credit report analysis
- Many credit repair companies offer analysis as part of their free consultation. During credit analysis, credit restoration specialists review and inspect their clients’ credit reports to look for common mistakes, such as fraudulent accounts, duplicate accounts and incorrect credit inquiries.
Many credit repair companies offer analysis as part of their free consultation. During credit analysis, credit restoration specialists review and inspect their clients’ credit reports to look for common mistakes, such as fraudulent accounts, duplicate accounts and incorrect credit inquiries.
- Credit report disputes
- A credit repair company initiates credit challenges to bureaus when they notice errors in your credit reports. Credit report disputes involve challenging credit bureaus, drafting goodwill letters to remove late payment entries and contacting data furnishers to verify old debts.
To get the negative marks off your credit history, you must request that the credit bureaus validate the information that you believe is inaccurate. Removing just a single negative item on your credit report can increase your credit score by more than 100 points.
- Credit monitoring
- Consider looking for a credit repair company that also offers credit monitoring with fraud protection and identity theft alerts. Identity theft can happen at any time, and many credit repair companies recommend ongoing credit monitoring services to catch problems early. Monitoring your credit report for inaccuracies makes it easier to address problems before they damage your credit profile.
- Debt negotiations and settlements
- Credit repair companies can help when debt collectors attempt to collect an expired debt you no longer legally owe. Most credit repair companies employ lawyers to assist with these processes. The company’s employees send official cease-and-desist letters to get these collectors to stop contacting you. Negotiating with creditors may help remove inaccurate or out-of-date marks from credit reports, improve credit histories and increase credit scores.
Please note, debt management and settlement services are not the same as credit repair services. While credit repair services work to remove errors and negative items from a credit report, debt management and settlement companies work to negotiate lower payment terms or settle a debt on your behalf.
Depending on your situation, one or both of these services might be necessary. However, most companies do not offer both credit repair and debt management/settlement.
- Credit coaching and financial education
- The best credit repair services include credit education tools that help you maintain your improved credit once it’s repaired. Credit coaching helps you better understand how different decisions affect your creditworthiness.
Many credit restoration companies provide credit rating simulators to see how specific actions are likely to affect your credit score. Financial education tools help you better manage your future credit profile after your reports are cleaned up and your score is improved.
How much does credit repair cost?
How much you spend on credit repair depends on how involved you want to be in the process. If you hire a credit repair company, expect to pay a setup fee of up to $100 and monthly service fees of up to $150 for as long as six months. If you invest the time to repair your credit on your own, the credit repair process is free. Credit repair software that costs between $30 and $400 can help you draft letters to creditors and credit bureaus.
How much do credit repair companies charge?
Credit repair companies typically charge a one-time setup fee, sometimes called a first work fee, between $20 and $100. Some credit restoration companies charge per successfully deleted item, and others charge a flat-rate fee for a specific term, usually six months. If the firm charges per month, it’s usually between $60 and $150 per billing cycle.
Some companies offer a discount for couples who both need credit restoration services. Keep in mind that legitimate credit repair companies almost always offer a free consultation and won’t request service payments until they perform work on your account.
|Authorized Partner Program|
|Monthly cost*||$79.99 - $119.99||$79||$79|
|Discount for couples|
|Worth it?||Read reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
|$99||$79.99 - $119.99||Read reviews|
*As of time of publishing
**With month-to-month credit repair plan
How to find the right credit repair agency
Credit repair companies can be useful if negative errors on your credit file are drastically affecting your overall score. However, it is important to understand whether a credit repair company is legitimate before engaging their services. Your success depends on finding the right credit repair company to get the job done correctly and promptly.
As you compare credit repair companies, consider the features and services each one provides. Consider factors such as pricing and reputation. Top companies notify you with updates about progress through email or over the phone. Look for red flags, such as a large sum of money required upfront or negative customer reviews. Additionally, check your state’s credit repair and debt reduction laws — for-profit debt reduction companies are illegal in certain states. Here are some tips to be sure you hire the right agency:
- Read reviews: As you compare reviews, keep an eye out for common issues such as unexpected fees, confusing or misleading advertising or suspected scams. Reading reviews from past clients can help you look for red flags. If a company charges a large sum upfront, it could be a fraudulent business.
- Ask the right questions: Don’t hire a company that can’t answer specific questions about its credit repair services and prices. The Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA) makes it illegal for credit repair and credit restoration companies to lie about their results to consumers. Per CROA, credit repair companies must provide a contract in writing, and you can cancel the contract within three days if you change your mind for any reason. Ask direct questions about the company’s credit repair process, such as:
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you monitor all three credit reporting bureaus?
- Do you have any certifications or accreditations?
- Do you customize each dispute letter or use a blanket template?
- How do you protect your clients’ privacy?
- Avoid credit repair scams: Be wary of credit repair companies that make promises before your consultation — no company can guarantee how successful they’ll be before they begin. Another red flag is if a company asks you to dispute accurate credit marks or change your identity in some way, which includes receiving a new Social Security number. Companies that demand large upfront payments before rendering services are usually credit repair scams.
- Set realistic expectations: Review your credit report and have an idea of why you want to hire a credit repair expert before you request a free consultation. You must have realistic expectations about your credit repair situation. During your consultation, ask about the company’s previous cases and success rates. Legitimate credit repair businesses will not ask for a large sum of money for a consultation. Instead, they offer free consultations to help you gain a better understanding of your financial situation.
Credit repair FAQ
- What determines credit score?
- The main factors that determine your credit score are payment history and accounts owed, followed by length of credit history, new credit and types of credit used. Most credit scoring systems use scores between 300 and 850, with a higher number indicating greater creditworthiness.
VantageScore and FICO credit scores are the ones most commonly used by lenders to determine how likely you are to make good on your debts. However, not all factors affect your credit in the same way:
- Payment history: Payment history determines 35% of your FICO credit rating and is moderately influential on your VantageScore. Paying your bills on time has a positive effect. In contrast, accounts in collections, charge-offs, debt settlements and foreclosures lower your credit score. Most negative payment history entries affect your credit history for up to seven years, and bankruptcies stay on your report for even longer.
- Amounts owed: Amounts owed determines 30% of your FICO credit score. FICO and VantageScore scores factor in your credit utilization ratio to measure how well you manage debt relative to your available credit limit.
- Length of credit history: The length of your credit history determines 15% of your FICO credit score and is less influential to your VantageScore. Lenders like to see a long, healthy credit history, which is why your credit score goes down when you close a credit card account.
- New credit: New credit determines 10% of your FICO credit score. Applying for a new line of credit requires lenders to pull a hard inquiry on your credit information. If you apply for many lines of credit in a short time, it indicates to potential lenders that you could have cash flow problems.
- Types of credit used: Types of credit you use determine 10% of your FICO score. Creditors like to see applicants who have successfully managed diverse types of credit, including installment loans, mortgages and credit cards.
Credit scores are only determined by information found in your credit file. For example, your age, occupation, salary, marital status and receipt of public assistance do not affect your credit score. As of 2018, credit reports no longer include tax liens.
- How long does it take to repair credit?
- It takes most people between six months and a year to repair their credit by themselves. If you hire a professional, the credit repair process typically takes between three and six months. However, even the best credit repair company cannot guarantee success within a specific amount of time.
How long credit repair takes depends on the number of claims you challenge and your credit score goal. It could take longer if your credit score is low due to bankruptcy, high debt or past due balances. If the negative marks on your report are accurate, you can improve your score over time through targeted actions, such as responsibly managing a secured credit card or aggressively paying down debt with a balance transfer card.
After you access your credit files, it takes several hours to review them for errors. Then, you must gather documentation and draft dispute letters, which could take up to a week or more if you aren’t already familiar with your records. Depending on the item and the reason it's in your credit history, this could involve writing a short letter or performing significant amounts of research.
- How can I raise my credit score in 30 days?
- It’s possible to raise your credit score in 30 days by disputing all the inaccuracies. Even though hiring a credit repair company could help speed things up, significant improvement usually takes longer. Keep in mind that paying off accounts in collections or charge-offs doesn’t automatically remove it from your credit reports. If you have an account in collections, you can either pay the amount, wait out the statute of limitations or challenge the claim with the credit bureaus and collection agency. Credit repair takes time and effort, so be realistic about your goals and have a little patience.
- Is credit repair illegal?
- No, credit repair isn’t illegal. The Fair Credit Billing Act, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act give everyone the legal right to dispute inaccurate items on their credit reports with the credit bureaus and individual creditors.
Federal laws make it illegal for credit repair companies to make false claims. They have further legal obligations under the FCRA’s furnisher rule. The credit repair industry is also regulated by state governments. Most states require credit repair agencies to be bonded and insured. Some states also require them to have a licensed attorney on staff.
- Do credit repair companies hurt your credit?
- While using a credit repair company will not directly hurt your credit, it can put you in a poor financial situation if not managed properly. For instance, once creditors know you are working with a credit repair company, this can impact the interest rates of future loans and financing opportunities. Additionally, credit fix companies can only eliminate negative items if they are inaccurate. If you’re paying a service in an attempt to remove negative credit items that are accurate, you will continue to owe money, which can impact your credit score and debt levels.
- Is credit repair worth it?
- A credit repair agency doesn’t technically do anything you can’t do yourself, but the service is worth it for many people who find the DIY credit repair process time consuming and confusing. The best credit repair service combines financial education with proven techniques to remove negative items from your credit history. If your poor credit resulted from a complicated situation out of your control, such as identity theft, professional credit repair services save you time and effort.
Credit histories sometimes contain inaccurate or invalid items that damage your score. If you check your credit and your score is lower than you anticipated, it could be because of incorrect information on your credit reports. A credit repair agency can help you remove derogatory marks on your credit reports in exchange for a monthly fee or flat-rate for services. However, a legitimate credit repair company can’t remove accurate marks just because they are negative.
What are the best credit repair companies near me?
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Author reviews for credit repair companies
Credit Saint is a credit restoration company with representatives you can contact via email, phone and online chat. The company helps clients remove items such as collections, late payments, bankruptcies, foreclosures and judgments.
- Credit repair services: Credit Saint’s services are broken up between three different packages: Credit Polish, Credit Remodel and Clean slate. All three packages include help with items such as late payments, identity theft, charge-offs, collections and inquiries. Items like bankruptcies, repossessions and judgments are available on the higher-tier plans. Clean Slate is their most aggressive plan.
- Credit repair cost: The monthly cost depends on the plan level you select. Credit Polish is $79.99/month, Credit Remodel is $99.99/month and Clean Slate is $119.99/month. A 90-day money back guarantee is available.
- Credit repair fees: Credit Polish and Credit Remodel both charge a “first work fee” of $99 to start the program. The fee is $195 for the Clean Slate package.
- Credit repair education: Credit Saint offers a free credit evaluation and continued support to help you understand your credit. They encourage customers to work to continue to build their credit history while credit repair is taking place, and are available to show customers how to do that effectively.
Lexington Law is a credit repair and credit education firm that helps people all over the United States find affordable and legal ways to dispute credit inaccuracies and repair bad credit. They are staffed with attorneys and paralegals trained in credit law and consumer protection statutes.
- Credit repair services: Lexington Law provides credit report analysis, item disputes, dispute escalation including legal representation and credit score mentoring services. Their most basic plan includes bureau challenges and creditor interventions, which checks your score for errors and attempts to remove those errors from your report. Their most advanced tier includes cease and desist letters sent to debt collectors, credit score tracking, alerts and identity theft protection.
- Credit repair cost: They have three tiers of service, Concord Standard, available for $89.95/month, Conford Premier at $109.95/month and Premier Plus for $129.95/month.
- Credit repair fees: A one-time first work fee, separate from the monthly cost, is applied 5-15 days after signup.
- Credit repair education: Lexington Law provides a credit education center on its website with key information about bad credit, credit repair, credit scores and your credit rights. They also have an on-site blog. In addition to on-site resources, Lexington Law offers a free credit consultation.
Raise your credit score in as little as 60 days by working directly with the credit experts at The Credit People. Your credit expert will develop a credit improvement strategy that includes challenging and removing questionable items from your credit report.
- Credit repair services: Services geared toward helping with the removal of late payments, charge-offs, collections, bankruptcies, repossessions, judgments, inquiries and identity theft from your credit report.
- Credit repair cost: Most customers pay $79/month, though there is an alternative flat rate membership available at $419 for 6 months of service.
- Credit repair fees: $19 startup fee.
- Credit repair education: The “Help Zone” on their website includes guides and a credit resource center with articles about credit repair, credit reports and scores, bankruptcy and taxes.
CreditRepair.com helps clients achieve credit repair through monitoring and disputing. It also works to encourage lifelong credit health through its credit education services.
- Credit repair services: CreditRepair.com services revolve around a “check, challenge and change” timeline. They pull and review your credit reports and build a game plan tailored to your needs. Then they work to challenge any errors or issues on your report directly with creditors. Once an issue has been successfully challenged, CreditRepair.com will ensure the correction is made on your reports by following up with the credit bureaus.
- Credit repair cost: Services are available for a monthly cost of $99.95.
- Credit repair fees: A one-time fee of $14.99 will be charged to pull your credit reports.
- Credit repair education: Educational resources are available on CreditRepair.com’s website on the topics of credit improvement, debt solutions, identity theft, loans and savings. They also offer a free credit score estimator.
Sky Blue Credit Repair is a credit repair and restoration company. Their counselors are paid by salary, not commission. The firm offers help to individuals and families looking to clean up their credit histories and learn how to improve their financial lives and offers faster disputes than other companies with a rate of 15 items every 35 days.
- Credit repair services: Sky Blue Credit Repair can review and dispute errors on your credit report. They will also analyze your report and provide insights on how to optimize or rebuild your score in addition to credit repair.
- Credit repair cost: Services cost $79/month. Sky Blue Credit Repair offers a 90-day money back guarantee. Discounts are available for couples entering credit repair together.
- Credit repair fees: A $79 setup fee is charged six days after signup.
- Credit repair education: Sky Blue’s website offers tips and tutorials in credit education. Tutorials include how to start credit repair, increase your credit score, deal with creditors, prepare for a mortgage, get student loans out of default and many more.
The Credit Pros is a national credit repair company dedicated to helping clients remove inaccurate information from their credit reports.
- Credit repair services: The Credit Pros help individuals identify issues on their credit reports and work to ensure essential consumer rights are being upheld.
- Credit repair cost: There are four packages available from The Credit Pros. The Money Management Plan costs $69/month, the Prosperity Package is available for $119/month and the Success Package is $149/month. A CreditSentry Monitoring plan is also available for $19/month, but only offers credit monitoring, not credit repair services.
- Credit repair fees: A first work fee may apply.
- Credit repair education: The Credit Pros provide educational resources through their blog and through eBooks like “7 Proven Ways to Prevent Identity Theft.”
MSI Credit Solutions assists clients with credit repair, restoration and credit building. MSI is fully bonded and offers services in English and Spanish. Their credit repair services can help you remove incorrect marks on your credit report, including items like late payments, collections, charge offs, repossessions, tax liens, judgments and bankruptcies.
- Credit repair services: Credit repair services include identifying credit report errors, disputing the information and auditing the three credit agencies. After removing the disputed items, MSI helps clients establish proper lines of credit and improve their credit score.
- Credit repair cost: The monthly fee is $98 for a single enrollment and $69 each for joint enrollment. MSI offers a free consultation and evaluation of the client's current credit health to determine the steps they need to take to improve their credit.
- Credit repair fees: The cost includes an initial setup fee that starts as low as $30. There is also a $29.94 charge to pull your credit report through a third-party credit monitoring service called ScoreSafety. You can choose to keep an account with ScoreSafety for additional credit monitoring for $29.94/month, or simply pay the one-time fee.
- Credit repair education: MSI Credit Solutions provides credit education on topics such as stopping debt collectors, understanding collection practices and avoiding scams. Both written and video resources are available.
My Credit Group is a credit repair company staffed by credit experts, loan officers, collection agents and debt negotiators. The company has been employed by numerous organizations, including the United States of Defense and Chase Manhattan. They will develop a personalized plan to repair your credit, tailored to your credit history and needs. They can also employ debt settlement negotiation services while working on repairing your credit.
- Credit repair services: My Credit Group’s comprehensive suite of credit repair services includes credit bureau disputes, goodwill interventions, debt validation and original creditor negotiation. If the firm fails to get an item deleted, they attempt to negotiate a “pay for delete.” After addressing the client’s negative credit issues, the company helps the client open new lines of credit to improve their credit score. My Credit Group helps many clients qualify for a home loan through their credit repair services.
- Credit repair cost: My Credit Group services have a monthly cost of $89.
- Credit repair fees: The initial consultation is free, but there will be an enrollment fee upon official signup.
- Credit repair education: Clients receive credit education from My Credit Group’s staff of experts so they can manage current credit issues and avoid credit problems in the future.
RepairMyCreditNow.com is based on a credit restoration process that the CEO created to help overcome his own credit problems. It is a division of RMCN Credit Services, Inc. and offers both credit repair and educational tools.
- Credit repair services: RepairMyCreditNow.com provides free credit report evaluations to help potential clients decide whether they need credit repair services. Their services include credit repair, credit restoration, credit counseling and credit education. Services are available in Spanish and English via phone and email.
- Credit repair cost: You can get a free credit report evaluation and consultation. After the consultation, you’ll receive additional information about the monthly cost for the services you want.
- Credit repair fees: Because RepairMyCreditNow.com doesn’t post their fee structure online, we recommend you complete a free consultation to learn more about fees.
- Credit repair education: RepairMyCreditNow.com offers a wide range of educational resources to help consumers understand how credit scores affect them and how they can take more control of their credit.
Trinity Credit Services provides a range of services designed to help consumers repair and improve their credit scores. In addition to credit repair, Trinity Credit Services also helps clients navigate the loan-approval process.
- Credit repair services: Trinity Credit Services helps clients with credit issues ranging from a quick fix to total restoration. The process begins with a free credit report evaluation. Next, they develop a customized credit repair plan. Credit repair services include filing letters to remove inaccurate information from credit reports, such as late payments, bankruptcies and other harmful information.
- Credit repair cost: Trinity Credit Services does not disclose its pricing online. A free consultation can give you a personalized quote and detailed recommendations.
- Credit repair fees: After your consultation, Trinity Credit Services should provide all fees upfront before signing up.
- Credit repair education: The professionals at Trinity Credit Services provide credit education to help clients make wise financial choices to improve their credit scores. Their Credit Survival Guide outlines the steps toward financial success.
Ovation Credit Services provides legal and business expertise to help clients repair their credit and gain an optimal credit profile. The business was founded by attorneys who saw a need to help clients who received misleading or inaccurate credit reports. Ovation’s customizable programs give clients options to find the right care they need.
Pyramid Credit Repair has more than a decade of consumer credit assistance experience. The company provides free consultations and a 100% 90-day money-back guarantee on services. On average, clients tend to see results within the first 45 days. Discounts are available for veterans, active military and teachers. No long-term contracts are required.
Credit Assistance Network provides credit improvement services that remove inflated, unverifiable, inaccurate and questionable credit report items. New clients get a free consultation, and the company’s services come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Credit repair services: Credit repair services to help dispute and remove collections, late payments, bankruptcies, repossessions, duplicated accounts, junk debt buyers, short sale and foreclosures, incorrect personal info, inflated/expired debts, outdated information, judgments and charge-offs. In addition to credit repair services, Credit Assistance Network offers identity theft resolution and public records disputes.
- Credit repair cost: Credit Assistance Network charges $179 for their first payment. A couples discount is available to get started for $279. Instead of monthly charges, Credit Assistance Network customers pay $50 per confirmed deletion per bureau and $75 for public records.
- Credit repair fees: Customers aren’t responsible for additional charges to cancel services.
- Credit repair education: Credit Assistance Network provides clients with access to one-on-one credit-building coaching. Credit reports each include an investigation results page with the status of each investigated item.
ScoreShuttle offers financial software and a mobile app that provides the tools you need to track and dispute your credit. The company also provides a full course on credit repair and personal finance to help customers make long-term improvements.
- Credit repair services: Services include credit disputes, identity theft protection, dark web monitoring, payday loan and noncredit loan monitoring, financial account takeover monitoring, real-time notifications from Experian, balance alerts and 24/7 identity support.
- Credit repair cost: The program costs $129 per month for the first six months, then drops to $59 per month.
- Credit repair fees: The company has no additional fees other than the subscription cost.
- Credit repair education: The company offers a 12-episode “Credit Camp” course that covers improving your credit score, budgeting and gaining control over your finances. Customers who complete the course get access to subscription rebates.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. Reviewconsumerservices.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.